Mission Statement of the Site: To foster fact-based discussion around current issues and policy and unite the Mindful Majority.
In essence, our content should not only educate a targeted audience, but appeal to persons of all political persuasions across our readership. Our articles bring a different point of view by re-framing issues and driving constructive debate, and avoid anechdotal examples that drive emotional responses (we also like satire).
Here are the objectives of our posts:
- We write and research on various topics, primarily focusing on a unique perspective which contributes to the larger debate.
- We strive to make Each post concise and persuasive, delivering clear points of view driving impact. As they say in politics, “if you are explaining, you are losing”.
- All subject matter, including comments, are designed to drive discussion — we do not support trolling (this includes comments on posts).
- We actively seek different points of view, including those with opposite views (fact-based and coherent of course!).
- We avoid broad-based assumptions without data, which can be undermined and destroy the credibility of our content.
- We believe in fact-checking all data and claims.
- We avoid conspiracy theories and stay within the bounds of what can be proven. Conspiracy theories detract from the message of this site and weaken our collective credibility.
- We will not use this blog to lash out with personal attacks, however, we will not shy away from defending our views.
- We actively try to recruit other authors who are uniquely positioned to add to the credibility of this blog. We reserve the right to edit and correct any post or comment that does not meet our vision.
Our writer’s primary concern is delivering high quality perspective and content, which is synonymous with our website, and our social media outlets. Thanks for being a part of the discussion.